Monthly Remote Maintenance Plan
Regular maintenance on a computer is as necessary as car maintenance. Updates and exploits happen so often in IT that it needs to be monitored almost constantly.
Now you don’t have to do it as an end-user. We will do it for you! For those of you who work in an office environment, you will recognize this as the kind of thing your IT department does for the office PC’s. Now you can have that level of protection for your home or home office PC’s and laptops.
A few examples of the things we do each month during our remote checkup:
- Is your virus scanner up to date and not compromised
- Are there programs running which shouldn’t be
- Do you have all of your windows and 3rd party software updates (Flash, Java, Firefox, etc)
- Are any errors getting reported in logs that show problems (corruption, impending hard drive failure)
- Defrag your hard disk
- Clean up unnecessary programs slowing the machine down
- Removing temp files that waste space
The list goes on. The way we do this is with a service that runs unobtrusively on the machine. We push out commands and monitor the results. All of this is done in the background with minimal impact to you. If something important comes along such as an urgent update, we will schedule it to be applied as soon as possible. The price covers these checks multiple times during the month, not just as a one-off.
Our customers already using this service see less need for on-site visits as their PC is kept in tip-top shape. The same software will allow us to connect to your screen if needed however, and this can be used either to repair a problem (deleted my icons for office) or to give training (I got new software and it is not intuitive, how do I…).
When you sign up, you pay in advance for the month to start service, we then automatically bill using paypal so you don’t have to worry about invoices. There is no contract, you can cancel at any time.